Recent News & Events
Makin' Strides for Strays Walkathon
UPDATE: 4/17/2015 Our May 3rd walkathon has gone VIRTUAL. ...
Adoption Changes due to Canine Flu
Adoption restrictions in place due to flu outbreak. ...
Lost Cost Vaccine Clinic
Our first vaccine clinic is scheduled for May 13, 2015. ...
Cookie Walk Update
Thank you to everyone that visited the shelter and participated in the Easter Cookie Walk. ...
Low Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic
A.D.O.P.T. re-launches clinic starting April 1, 2015. ...
A.D.O.P.T welcomes our new volunteer coordinator, Jill Lebowitz. ...
Read More News & Events
Become an A.D.O.P.T. Member
As a fellow animal lover, you are invited to join our family. ...
A.D.O.P.T. is in need of the following items:
You can drop them by ADOPT any time, or make arrangements at the following e-mail to coordinate. firstname.lastname@example.org
Wish List for Dogs
- Good quality wet and dry dog/puppy food
- Hot Dogs - Inexpensive kind is fine
- Frozen Cooked Meatballs
- String Cheese
- Hormel Pepperoni Minis
- Salt Free Broth (Chicken or Beef)
- Freeze Dried Liver Treats
- Natural Balance Food Rolls
- Soft Treats
- TreatStik Brand treat dispensing toy
- Galileo Bones
- Medium and large Nylabones, Nyla Rings, Nyla Dental Chews
- Large Dog Hard toys
- Knobby plaque attackers (non-edible please)
- Sturdy latex squeaky toys
- KONGS (Black Tough Chewers)
- Kong Wobblers
- 6 ft dog leashes, black and red
- Harness for small dogs (poodle, shihtzu size)
Wish List for Cats
- URGENTLY NEED - Good quality dry and paté style wet kitten food such as:
Purina One Kitten, Baby Cat, and IAMS Kitten.
- Good quality dry and paté style wet cat food such as:
Authority, Wellness, Royal Canin, Purina One, Kirkland - Chicken.
- Litter Boxes
- Scoopable Cat Litter (this one is like gold to us)
- Ceramic/Metal Bowls
- Blankets (we love fleece!)
- Toy wand (stick type playing wand with toy on end)
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Unscented Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Laundry Bleach
- Baggies: sandwich and gallon size
- Garbage bags (13 and 30 gal)
- 50-gal heavy duty can liners
- Paper Towels
- Disposable vinyl gloves (no latex)
- Spray cleaner (pet safe)
- Mop heads
- Trigger spray bottles
- Rubbing alcohol
- KMR Kitten formula
- Kitten nursing bottles and nipples
- Fragrence-free baby wipes
- Jar baby food – chicken or turkey
- Distilled water
- Copy and fax paper
- 50 ft. Garden hoses (resistant to chemicals)
- Garden hose sprayer head/s
- Pet friendly winter sidewalk salt (i.e. Snowmelt)
- 3 x 4-ft. rubber backed mats, indoors and outdoors
- Pens (Ballpoint or Permanent Marker)
- Batteries (AAA, C, D and 9 Volt)
- White Out and/or Liquid Paper
Also, we accept pop cans for recycling.