Recent News & Events
Low Income Spay/Neuter Day - May 20th
Monday, May 20th is when those who qualify* for low income assistance can schedule an appointment to have their dog or cat spayed or neutered. ...
Chili's Pepper Partner Program - May 1st to June 30th
Eat at any Illinois Chili's restaurant during May & June and 10% of your bill will go to help support A.D.O.P.T. ...
A.D.O.P.T. is an official Charity Partner of the Naperville Marathon!
Running the Naperville Marathon? Register A.D.O.P.T. as your charity partner! ...
Other Adoption / Viewing Locations
Check our Event Calendar to find a date and place that's right for you. Then, meet and greet at one of these convenient retail locations. ...
Read More News & Events
DuPage County Pugs - Every 3rd Saturday
DuPage County Pugs group meets at the A.D.O.P.T. Shelter ...
A.D.O.P.T. is in need of the following items:
You can drop them by ADOPT any time, or make arrangements at the following e-mail to coordinate. firstname.lastname@example.org
Wish List for Dogs
- URGENTLY NEED - Exersise Pens (at least 36" high with a door) like the ones at Petsmart
- Floor Mats
- Good quality wet and dry dog such as follows:
Authority, Wellness, Pro Plan all breed, Canidae All Life Stages, or Kirkland (Costco brand)
- Soft Treats
- TreatStik Brand treat dispensing toy
- Galileo Bones
- Medium and large Nylabones, Nyla Rings, Nyla Dental Chews
- Large Dog Hard toys
- Chuck-it Mega Ball Launcher
- Knobby plaque attackers (non-edible please)
- Sturdy latex squeaky toys
- Traffic cones for agility training
- 6 ft dog leashes, black and red
- Harness for small dogs (poodle, shihtzu size)
Wish List for Cats
- URGENTLY NEED - Good quality dry and paté style wet kitten food such as:
Purina One Kitten, Baby Cat, and IAMS Kitten.
- Good quality dry and paté style wet cat food such as:
Authority, Wellness, Royal Canin, Purina One, Kirkland - Chicken.
- Litter Boxes
- Unscented Clay and Scoopable Cat Litter
- Soft hand towels, wash cloths, or bath towels
- Ceramic/Metal Bowls
- Cat Beds
- Blankets (we love fleece!)
- Toy wand (stick type playing wand with toy on end)
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Unscented Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Laundry Bleach
- Hand sanitizer
- Baggies: sandwich and gallon size
- Garbage bags (13 and 30 gal)
- 50-gal heavy duty can liners
- Paper Towels
- Disposable vinyl gloves (no latex)
- Spray cleaner (pet safe)
- Mop heads
- Trigger spray bottles
- Rubbing alcohol
- KMR Kitten formula
- Kitten nursing bottles and nipples
- Fragrence-free baby wipes
- Jar baby food – chicken or turkey
- Distilled water
- Copy and fax paper
- 50 ft. Garden hoses (resistant to chemicals)
- Garden hose sprayer head/s
- Pet friendly winter sidewalk salt (i.e. Snowmelt)
- 3 x 4-ft. rubber backed mats, indoors and outdoors
- Pens (Ballpoint or Permanent Marker)
- Batteries (AA, C, D and 9 Volt)
- White Out and/or Liquid Paper
Also, we accept pop cans for recycling.