Recent News & Events
Naperville Marathon 11/9/2014
Running the Naperville Marathon on 11/9/14? Register A.D.O.P.T. as your charity partner! **NOTE-as of 10/14 we are no longer accepting runners. ...
Come visit us offisite!
Check our Event Calendar to find a date and place that's right for you. Then, come find out more about us at these locations. ...
Come Paw-Ty With The Animals!
Your child will have an unforgettable birthday experience celebrating their special day with the animals of A.D.O.P.T. ...
Read More News & Events
DuPage County Pugs - Every 3rd Saturday
DuPage County Pugs group meets at the A.D.O.P.T. Shelter ...
A.D.O.P.T. is in need of the following items:
You can drop them by ADOPT any time, or make arrangements at the following e-mail to coordinate. firstname.lastname@example.org
Wish List for Dogs
- Good quality wet and dry dog/puppy food
- Hot Dogs - Inexpensive kind is fine
- Frozen Cooked Meatballs
- String Cheese
- Hormel Pepperoni Minis
- Salt Free Broth (Chicken or Beef)
- Freeze Dried Liver Treats
- Natural Balance Food Rolls
- Soft Treats
- TreatStik Brand treat dispensing toy
- Galileo Bones
- Medium and large Nylabones, Nyla Rings, Nyla Dental Chews
- Large Dog Hard toys
- Knobby plaque attackers (non-edible please)
- Sturdy latex squeaky toys
- KONGS (Black Tough Chewers)
- Kong Wobblers
- 6 ft dog leashes, black and red
- Harness for small dogs (poodle, shihtzu size)
Wish List for Cats
- URGENTLY NEED - Good quality dry and paté style wet kitten food such as:
Purina One Kitten, Baby Cat, and IAMS Kitten.
- Good quality dry and paté style wet cat food such as:
Authority, Wellness, Royal Canin, Purina One, Kirkland - Chicken.
- Litter Boxes
- Scoopable Cat Litter (this one is like gold to us)
- Ceramic/Metal Bowls
- Blankets (we love fleece!)
- Toy wand (stick type playing wand with toy on end)
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Unscented Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Laundry Bleach
- Baggies: sandwich and gallon size
- Garbage bags (13 and 30 gal)
- 50-gal heavy duty can liners
- Paper Towels
- Disposable vinyl gloves (no latex)
- Spray cleaner (pet safe)
- Mop heads
- Trigger spray bottles
- Rubbing alcohol
- KMR Kitten formula
- Kitten nursing bottles and nipples
- Fragrence-free baby wipes
- Jar baby food – chicken or turkey
- Distilled water
- Copy and fax paper
- 50 ft. Garden hoses (resistant to chemicals)
- Garden hose sprayer head/s
- Pet friendly winter sidewalk salt (i.e. Snowmelt)
- 3 x 4-ft. rubber backed mats, indoors and outdoors
- Pens (Ballpoint or Permanent Marker)
- Batteries (AAA, C, D and 9 Volt)
- White Out and/or Liquid Paper
Also, we accept pop cans for recycling.