Recent News & Events
Holiday Cookie Walk - December 7th
A.D.O.P.T. Pet Shelter is hosting its annual HOLIDAY COOKIE WALK & MORE, on Saturday, December 7th, 9:00 am-1:00 pm at Naperville’s Fifth Avenue Station, 200 E. Fifth Avenue. ...
Holiday Open House - December 14th
Come join us on Saturday, December 14th from 11 a.m. to 3 pm to celebrate the holidays with the animals. ...
See's Candy Fundraiser
If you have candy on your holiday shopping list - shop for the cause! ...
Festival of Lights
A.D.O.P.T. is continuing its tradition of the “FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS,” providing the opportunity for pet lovers and A.D.O.P.T. supporters to honor or memorialize loved ones and special pets through a tribute light. ...
Other Adoption / Viewing Locations
Check our Event Calendar to find a date and place that's right for you. Then, meet and greet at one of these convenient retail locations. ...
Come Paw-Ty With The Animals!
Your child will have an unforgettable birthday experience celebrating their special day with the animals of A.D.O.P.T. ...
Read More News & Events
DuPage County Pugs - Every 3rd Saturday
DuPage County Pugs group meets at the A.D.O.P.T. Shelter ...
A.D.O.P.T. is in need of the following items:
You can drop them by ADOPT any time, or make arrangements at the following e-mail to coordinate. email@example.com
Wish List for Dogs
- URGENTLY NEED - Exersise Pens (at least 36" high with a door) like the ones at Petsmart
- Floor Mats
- Good quality wet and dry dog such as follows:
Authority, Wellness, Pro Plan all breed, Canidae All Life Stages, or Kirkland (Costco brand)
- Soft Treats
- TreatStik Brand treat dispensing toy
- Galileo Bones
- Medium and large Nylabones, Nyla Rings, Nyla Dental Chews
- Large Dog Hard toys
- Chuck-it Mega Ball Launcher
- Knobby plaque attackers (non-edible please)
- Sturdy latex squeaky toys
- Traffic cones for agility training
- 6 ft dog leashes, black and red
- Harness for small dogs (poodle, shihtzu size)
Wish List for Cats
- URGENTLY NEED - Good quality dry and paté style wet kitten food such as:
Purina One Kitten, Baby Cat, and IAMS Kitten.
- Good quality dry and paté style wet cat food such as:
Authority, Wellness, Royal Canin, Purina One, Kirkland - Chicken.
- Litter Boxes
- Unscented Clay and Scoopable Cat Litter
- Soft hand towels, wash cloths, or bath towels
- Ceramic/Metal Bowls
- Cat Beds
- Blankets (we love fleece!)
- Toy wand (stick type playing wand with toy on end)
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Unscented Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Laundry Bleach
- Hand sanitizer
- Baggies: sandwich and gallon size
- Garbage bags (13 and 30 gal)
- 50-gal heavy duty can liners
- Paper Towels
- Disposable vinyl gloves (no latex)
- Spray cleaner (pet safe)
- Mop heads
- Trigger spray bottles
- Rubbing alcohol
- KMR Kitten formula
- Kitten nursing bottles and nipples
- Fragrence-free baby wipes
- Jar baby food – chicken or turkey
- Distilled water
- Copy and fax paper
- 50 ft. Garden hoses (resistant to chemicals)
- Garden hose sprayer head/s
- Pet friendly winter sidewalk salt (i.e. Snowmelt)
- 3 x 4-ft. rubber backed mats, indoors and outdoors
- Pens (Ballpoint or Permanent Marker)
- Batteries (AA, C, D and 9 Volt)
- White Out and/or Liquid Paper
Also, we accept pop cans for recycling.