Recent News & Events
Chili's Pepper Partner Program - May 1st to June 30th
Eat at any Illinois Chili's restaurant during May & June and 10% of your bill will go to help support A.D.O.P.T. ...
A.D.O.P.T. is an official Charity Partner of the Naperville Marathon!
Running the Naperville Marathon? Register A.D.O.P.T. as your charity partner! ...
Other Adoption / Viewing Locations
Check our Event Calendar to find a date and place that's right for you. Then, meet and greet at one of these convenient retail locations. ...
Read More News & Events
DuPage County Pugs - Every 3rd Saturday
DuPage County Pugs group meets at the A.D.O.P.T. Shelter ...
CASH FOR CRITTERS
Printer Cartridge Recycling Program
You are probably well aware of A.D.O.P.T.’s current, aluminum can recycling program. This program generates an income stream of more than $4,000 annually. While we continue to seek your support for this ongoing fundraiser, we have expanded our recycling efforts to include the recycling of empty ink jet and laser printer cartridges. Like the aluminum can recycling program, the recycling of cartridges helps raise funds for our animals and helps the environment too!!!
Over the last couple of years, we have expanded our recycling efforts to include the recycling of empty ink jet and laser printer cartridges. Like the aluminum can recycling program, the recycling of cartridges helps raise funds for our animals and helps the environment too!!!
This is a very easy program; it is self-sustaining, and is growing as participation grows! Rather than throw out your empty cartridges, simply save them for us, and drop them off at the shelter on your next visit.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CERTAIN RULES APPLY:
- Cartridges must not be damaged.
- Cartridges must have Original Equipment Manufacturer labels (e.g., HP, Brother) and can not show signs of having been previously refilled. The program does not accept any remanufactured laser/toner cartridges (e.g., OfficeMax, Office Depot, Sustainable Earth).
- Only the following brands are accepted into the program:
- Laser cartridges: HP, Brother, and Canon only
- Inkjet cartridges: HP and Lexmark only
- To be sure that your models of cartridges are recyclable, you can visit: http://www.ecyclegroup.com, the website of the company recycling the printer cartridges. This site can provide you plenty of other tips as well.
The key to the success of this program is “in the numbers.” The more people we can bring on board, the more money we can make for our animals!! If you have a business, or work in an office that uses plenty of cartridges, you can really help us grow this program. Just collect all your cartridges and drop them off at the shelter at your convenience.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Sandy at 847-458-6366 or email@example.com And remember, not only does your support of this fundraising project help raise funds for the animals. It helps the environment too!!!